Chapter 46 - Abroad
Larchen wanted to to back, but there was the issue of Eldress.. Let's eat Tom, he said..
...
So... there are couple of funerals right now.. And demons went silent.. Goddess chimed in. There is a long list of things to be done..
Then there is the issue of.. This youth... He pops here and there in the reports.. Larchen.. i think..
Don't tell me about such things, please.. It isn't a matter for me to handle.
Well.. there is this expedition to the north.. to reconnect the continent.. Should I.. let them ?
Why not ? Send them resources too.. Why stop our own roll.. Send them help while we are sending resources to the port town. Send a few qualified investigators as well.
Anyway, our council is never in full strength these days, would it kill you to attend these gatherings on time ? Also, divert some resources, from the southern proxies, we can't do everything on our own..
That is a given Governor..
Make sure we employ.. this wild card Larchen.. or whatever.. in our service.. We must keep a excellent appearance on public, reward the success, ignore the failure.. So that public clearly understands where their money is going.
The leader of that contingent is an awful grandfather.. He just sits there all day, slowly losing cities.. He must be ecstatic someone is doing his job. He never is serious or aggressive enough.. And neither is his branch..
Well, this Larchen is a.. crafter of sorts.. very similar to Eldress. And he is a big proponent for the push north..
As i said, support those who does good for us... No matter who they are.. Although its not sanctioned per say, the gap of prowess is too big.
....
They were in the hut again. Larchen examined the wall, he thought if he should stay here for a while.. Eldress was very tall after her transformation, so Tom walked around slightly crouching. Larchen wondered how strong her body were at her level of cultivation.
He was thinking he should go back by now.. Fowliang wouldn't mind a few weeks of detour.. But how exactly would she react to the eldress at his side ? She probably got news of the events and already guessed what he was doing, if not, she'd somehow sense it anyway..
Larchen looked at the Eldress, his guilt was somehow changed to pity by the terrible state she was in. This entire issue would not arouse Fowliang's jealousy, Larchen predicted. Opposite wouldn't be true.. for himself, so he tread somewhat carefully.
Hey, wash yourself.. He said to Tom... She probably can't do it..
Why not, if the view is good..
How wonderful.. Larchen rolled his eyes.. I hope you are this enthusiastic later on when you have to do work.
Well, my family and me.. we usually washed together.. I guess it'd be first time for me.. to see things up close.. I wonder how her...-
Stop., Larchen raised his hand, I don't care.. Just don't tell me about it.
I'll be sure to.. examine things.. substantially...
You understand, when and if she comes out of her coma.. she'll remember whatever you did with her body.. of course.. Consider how a lady will feel.. will you ?
Tom didn't say anything...to that at first. Well, it is useful to keep a distance, as you said later. But, its not exactly a fun house here, you know..
Like what ?
She screams sometimes.. which is very distracting..
That is very curious.. Larchen trailed off..
What is it ?
I'm just a bit concerned about her history with everyone.. Let's look at this continent.. our last known position is .. northern castle...
Whomever is looking for her may already went to my homeworld by now..And this is a safe place..
No wonder you are slow to move on.. So, what do we do ? Go somewhere random ?
How much can you utilize her power ? Like that whip stuff.. Is it one of your inventions or is it in her mind already ?
Ah, it is her skill, i've modified and utilized a bit..
Good job, that's very good, you didn't disappoint me, so go look at her ** if you want.. but remember what I said about her waking up one day.. Try to talk to her more, when she shouts...
I'm not that kind of person... Don't worry.. I'm not crazy either... You seem like an intense person...
Tom was shocked at the events happened at the shade town.. He was very glad now, he didn't then too seriously try to mess with him, this guy had anger issues... Tom could tell easily with a look now.. A hell like that wasn't someone just could walk into with a normal mindset. He just only looked like a side character...
The place would freeze anyone, more over it wasn't really something that could be fight off with a good cheerful mood. Most people would never be able to make any moves in that place. You soul would freeze as if it was left in a snow storm. Tom decided to keep some casual distance from this person ever since seeing him be comfortable in that town as if it's his father's pub.
Ehm.. I wonder what are they doing now back at the city.. Larchen was getting a headache.. Not having news wasn't something he was used to. He would be reported missing, or that would be his last know where abouts between the fortress north and the gateway back.
Would they even need him if he wasn't around. They would definitely miss his advice about military affairs, he was sure. He missed his sexual adventures with Fowliang. His body missed her presence, since he was so used to it. Did she miss him ?
Maybe she would think he just moved on suddenly.. That he would find someone else.. Wild thoughts went around Larchen's head. He was often... used to living in disadvantageous environments, most people didn't understand that. Fowliang got bored of him when they were too lovey dovey for long amount of times, she just couldn't help it. Larchen often observed such things but never dared to speak about it.
Alright.. Larchen said out loud suddenly, startling Tom, he then got up and walked a few steps in a circular path, flexing his limbs as if warming up.
We must not yet go back.. I've more things to learn... learning is difficult job..
Ehm, how did you come to that conclusion exactly ? So where are we going next ?
Ah... shut up Larchen rebuked. I'm not feeling too happy right now.. The best course of action in this case is..
What ?
Sever all ties and disappear entirely.. My heart says this to me, that this is the only path. Everything else to danger to others..
Aah.. I get it.. You are after all a caring person, but boss.. that is so strange.. so strange..
Whatever..
I mean it.. It is just strange your character improves while you go to an evil place.. That's why I said strange.
Larchen sighed for a long time.. I'm the hero aren't I ? Why don't you stuff it..
Why.. have i said something wrong ?
People, and things have a tendency to go over the places and spaces they are assigned to.. Don't you feel it, don't
you notice it ? It's been same way forever. That world bleeds into this one...
Tom didn't say anything at first. So then it is also true one feels some urgency in the same way.. He said. Like tendency to need to go places.
Ah, but its not my tendency now, is it ? If you want to go, let's go..
Now why do i feel strangely unsatisfied ? Like a need to work.. things i should have done..
Good, but don't that that to me.. Tell that to her.. Talk to her about such things, and God. Awaken the string of her spirit.. When I do it there is a barrier, as my wife Fowliang often say, its construed as rude, or self benefiting.
So, you can be chosen.. by powers that be. But shouldn't you be more secular ? Curb her tendencies and appeal to hear morality, instead of promising her even more power and heart fit. Isn't that the correct act here ?
People aren't tenets. She is like a page that is turning herself and looking around. Same as in your logic, the paralyization is her right punishment.
Interesting, are you interested in her romantically ?
No, I just have certain kind of experience around older women that are closed off.
Like what then. Put a right, correct distance, to make everything right ? To what end
Yeah.. the end, its not all my issue, is it ? In fact you could say, its not even a little bit my issue.
Ah.. but then Larchen, you feel estranged to this world, prone to make mistakes or strange acts.. You act, strange, exotic like.. You.. go to places that has no value.. You make alchemy that isn't correct.. You mix black and white..
And ?
And, It creates a double personality, like there are two suns in the entire world..
I don't understand that last part, Larchen said. Is it cause I don't want to be a leader, everyone becomes one ?
I'm saying world becomes too hot.. Depressing..
Ah.. but thoughts aren't real things, Tom.. they never were.. Unlikely to ever to be. World is "hot" because it slides out of time's focus.
But there are always those who only look for their heart's satisfaction, like you. You ask the world to give you wisdom. If you don't get it, you ask it again. Then you ask other people if you can't get it, if not from them, you change the game and the environment..
So, you feel angry, is that it ? All the time, just about to explode.
What am I to Fowliang ? A brother ? An educator like herself ? Am i a symbol of beauty ? Or am I crazy, like the person who first invented a wooden table, purely batshit crazy..
Meaning ?
All these roles, bleed through her just as world bleeds to things it's not related to, out of focus.. Should I not be angry ? There aren't enough time even to get angry enough.. You've no inkling of what anger is..
What do you mean ?
Larchen took out one of his regimen's spirit traveling pills and popped it. He then flew and jumped directly into Eldress' body.
Larchen, Tom flew around in his small dragon shape..in eldress' soul space. Larchen appeared. He was wearing clothes as if he was an instructor at the academy, preparing for another debate about existence.
Oh, that's cold, Tom said. I get it, you aren't angry, you are just upset, so it makes you angry..
Anyway Tom... You look like you were having fun here.. Building your personality against the dull nothing of her.. That's not bad..
Thanks Larchen.. I didn't think the place you came from had so much.. advanced research.. You can move in spirit form ? Like me ?
It wasn't something difficult to invent... We aren't the force of technology you think.. Let me jump back to my body and we will move on..
Wait, any advice you can give me ?
I already gave it, don't let the world of out focus seep into you. Anything else is just talk. In this context she may be placed in anywhere, its your job to find it out. When we hurt, it is because god's will flows through us.
Larchen.. don't give me spoilers..I just was curious why you were so angry.. Don't worry I'm not dumb. I know bad things happen to people who are too naive and relaxed. But life is simpler than that, don't you see ? Anger makes us blind.. You are so angry nobody
else can see you..
I don't care Tom..
Comments
Post a Comment