Chapter 27 - Do You ..
The opinions flew about around the room, as the council elders discussed the current political situation.
Make a solid sweep all across the region.. someone shouted, its the best idea..
Then we'll lose the trade routes with added danger, some responded, you won't get those imported
hats for your wife... anymore..
Excuse me elders.. a cloaked man with a chilly voice intervened, perhaps you could use my.. network of
information.. to manage the land.. Aren't we all.. new at this after all ?
Make a military style government with check points and all that.. something we can build upon, someone ignored
him.
Hunt the bandits and profit... why not.. The discussion went on..
.....
I feel like a shadow is on my mind, Larchen, Fowliang said.. An ancient danger, approaching, closing.. as we are unable to see it..
I guess, Larchen shrugged.. sipping his drink..
Fowliang smiled warmly.. Stop being you fro a second and listen.. There are things nobody can do..
Or are they ideas that there are things nobody can do..
What are you saying ?
Maybe you miss the road.. after all i'm tiring on the senses.. like a drab orderly cathedral.. it gets tiring..
Stop your flirting for one second.. you never turn this stuff of... Aren't you ever gonna stop ?
No.. perhaps that is the ancient danger.. in your mind...
The lack of money is more like the danger in my mind, she grinned. I could be the queen of this land.. collect
taxes, would you be my king ?
Sounds drab...
Tread carefully Larchen... you never explain your thought process when you speak.. intentionally that is..
So, you get tired of it ?
See you did it again..
Ehm.. so ? Larchen said..
I've learned exactly how you operate... you think i'm stupid ? You are like a walking hibernation..
So...
So , if you aren't all here why try to flirt so intensely ?
Good question, let me think... Ehm, we've improved the engine, and we are thinking of making a retro version as well...
Wanna help ?
Fowliang looked at Larchen as if he was a retard... Maybe she was a retard.. She felt confused..
Ehm, how much does it cost she couldn't help but ask ?
I don't know, not very extravagantly different then usual..
Larchen, I want to explore this situatuon with you and me, psychologically, on an age basis., even if you ignore me or you
make lots of efforts. You are a youth, who has been through a lot, but you never ... rest properly in a way many of us
could understand.. We've gotten close too.. I don't know how you are really feeling.. no that's wrong..
You are clearly very competitive.. But the way you approach at things.. is unusual.. Usually we associate power and
competitiveness with health, but you always look like a corpse.. You live in your own world with yor own rules
how am I doing so far ?
Not well, I'm afraid..
Ah, but that's not well to you.. But to me, I don't even know what I'm saying. SHouldn't a human always know
what they are saying ?
So, you want to get a better definition of me.. Like a young hero.. And feel somewhat better in a day to day life,
instead of a managed state, everything good, but the sweater is uncomfortable...
It isn't uncomfortable.. nor its.. managed.. It is just that, we want to level with you, since your attitude looks to
be a soft one, while you look like a domineering hero, it is confusing.. So who am i to you ? in this structure. Just
a ghost that goes around the place..
And that isn't romantic ?
It is, very romantic, its just hard to understand.. It's really really hard..
Well let me tell you then.. Ever had too much treasure in your possession ? Or if you imagined you had too much
wealth and knowledge what do you think would happen ?
What... cities would be found and excitement will flow...
No.. i'd be robbed and attacked by everyone..
So you are saying this is about human nature.. Then why not say it.. approach it more directly ..
Larchen approached at Fowliang, and kissed her..
What are you doing ?
Did you feel excitement ? Felt that I'm someone unfamiliar from you..?
Yes.. I wasn't expecting you to do it.. So...
You are telling me.. that you've done your duty and I should . stop thinking random things..
It isn't my duty to fix the world, Fowliang..
*Sigh.. Fowliang sighed.. I don't suppose I could beat it out of you. You really like chasing me around huh ?
If i knew you were like this back then.. I'd say no no matter what.. You simply sold yourself better...
There is such thing as thinking too much you know ... I'm more of an innovator..
Sure sure Fowliang said, very good Larchen. You bury both of our emotions purposefully..
Entire world's vision is made of a reference point, Fowliang, i just lodge you in the frame so you are
in my sight an i'm yours.. You must stop your slandering..
And why, do we need so much discussion if it is so perfect hmm ? You have no strength in you...
Wrong, i've no strength for likes of you.
....
Wind howled, as the door of the old hut flapped.. The place was haunted, as well as the surrounding forest..
Why are you here Larchen ? We could have handled it...
I needed some time off, from the ..house..
At least put on a suit... Are you suicidal ? Aijemz asked.. Her voice sounded metalic inside the golem.
Come on, its just old fashion heroing...
Aaaaah, a scream was heard.. How dare you disturb my rest.. you bastards..
A spirit flew from inside the house, it looked like a ghoul..
Larchen signalled at Aijemz who was preparing to fight, to stop.. Let it speak.. he said.
You little bastard humans can't you live a human alone, i'll consume you little kittens, the ghoul roared.. It sounded like
an old man..
As nobody did anything to provoke, the ghost started looking at the faces of the squad.. Hey you, over there
why do you look so happy ? And where is your thrash suit ? What you can't fight without armor ? What happened to
the thing called courage ?
The soldiers in suits were red faced, they started to fiddle, as Larchen signaled once again for them to stop..
The order rules over the world, elder ghost.. It is an ail none of us can escape from..
The ghost sighed.. at least you have a functional brain on you.. Got anything I can eat ? I'm SO hungry..
...
So the entire sects were wiped as they tried to enact what you called the old religion system.. The ghost
said, it was horrible.. And times were really chaotic.. The blood were spiling in droves, and everyone on
their throat..
Sounds like there was a distinct reason for it.
The ghost frowned.. You know, i really never liked anyone in my life, as age gets older, you start to care very
little.. of these things..
I've this little device.. would you like to ..change locations ? You seem like you'll fade away soon...
You are threatening me ? You little scum ...
Am I wrong ?
Ehm... Actually I'm standing here by using my own inner energy.. I should have dissipated long ago..
I've some people over there who may be able to help you.
Well, i'd really like to give your .. squad one more beating..
I know that's why I came personally.. bearing no arms.. You've bested them.. so i'd figured trying talking wouldn't do much harm..
We need this area.. cleansed.. and you need a new place.. so, win win..
Why are you talking like i'm some kind of thrash you are to recycle you damn brat.. His eye sockets changed to a mad and red color..
Larchen held himself back from reacting.. This was good research, and there were potential for more, a few insults were nothing..
You aren't the only spirit of this land.. I'm leaving then.. He turned his back..
The spirit watched as he started to leave.. Hold on.. he said..
I guess I could make an educational journey.. To this place you mentioned.. is it the eight miracles pagoda ?
Whoa, how did you know ?
It was one of the many artifacts that were constructed back then, to fend off demon invasion. Actually it was a trinket, not worth
anything much..
Why not ? It is super powerful.
It was an item crafted from the dominant spirits of the demonium, we've discovered the method we used were totally ineffective
when it was challenged by high grade spirits. So the item were used for logistical purposes..
So.. it doesn't work on super high level targets..
No.. But it was a cool idea..
Larchen's chair broke down... as soldiers got nervous..
Ah damn.. Fowliang..
Fowliang ? Ah she was my favorite celebrity back then....
Larchen face changed colors.. As the ghost surely intended that as a threat..
See ? You show one face to world, but you wear another inside... You think I was born yesterday ? You thrash kid.. You are going to
harm me ? Look at your face..
That's a good solid killing intent.. I was really gonna kill you all, but i guess i can join....and look around.. You aren't entirely lacking in
potential.. Lemme see your wrist..
Larchen extened his arm to the elder ghost..
Do you...
Comments
Post a Comment