Chapter 30 - School of Thought
You know one of those creatures that make you feel death, by their mere presence... What is this mark business anyway, demon king ..?
Its nothing serious, but if it was back then, it'd be a huge deal, among politer society.. Blue bloods.. Today it has no effect.. What about this
dragon of yours ?
Well... wanna go with me.. a messenger would be.. unpolite to the priestess in this issue.. I suppose I coul send the mechanical Larchen since
they know each other better, unless you wanna come..
Ah, i'll stay here.. it is such a peaceful place, for some reason, you know... I just wanna sleep.. near the fireplace.. I don't think I should leave here..
Hey.. don't get strange now.. What do you mean you aren't leaving..
Relax, its a matter of expression.. You are the one inviting me to stupid expeditions..
What is that... Larcen pointed at a strange book..
It is a hologram, sometimes writing isn't enough..
Well, play it then...
The elder clicked on the proper button, as a woman wearing deer skin and antlers showed up, as she started speaking, her voice was very melodic.
Better than a dragon right ? Hey you..
Yees ? What do you want of the deer clan ?
Grinning Larchen was irked so hard he almost jumped out of the window.. What the, fiucking hell..
The deer eldress changed her face towards Larchen.. Her sight stayed on him for a while..
State your business... The deer eldress said... If not, don't waste my time.. I've got places to be..
Larchen's face was literally pale with shock.. This was definitely an eldress of the ancient world in flesh, like the ghost over here talked about
their presence...
She's my favorite too, you are right to be impressed by her beauty..
That jolted Larchen backed to reality... a bit, he fixed his attitude..
Gimme a summary, of the news Elder said..
The sector is kept secure by the alliance.. unlike the rumors that the demons have sole ownership of the current political context. The last
regular publication of news was five years ago.
Say what.. Larchen said..
Silence.. Elder warned.. So there are still plenty incursions ? Fighting ?
There are.. the eldress said.. With your returned, we have eight ancient elders in total.. Elder Phantom Hawk.. I bid you warm greetings..
I hope you help us do what we were unable to do so far.. I didn't think anyone survived in that backward world...
Why is that surely you don't need me ?
The demons hot a hold of a new seer. We are ducks in the open, so we can't move around much.. The fighting has been, rough.. elder..
This here is a little brother Larchen.. He has a twin... and he has risen from meagre means..
Hmm, Her melodic voice changed pitches.. as if she had other ideas.. Why is he shocked that ancient powers exist in this universe then ?
Anyway, pleasure to meet you Larchen..
Pleasure is all mine.. His heart almost exloded out of his chest.. as room started spinning..
Ready to go elder ?
Not quite.. There are some threats raised here.. dimensional .. creatures, know anything about it ?
Sounds like a few grunts from hell.. nothing unexpected..
...
Help me out then, you can forget the history lesson.
You want me to intervene in your affairs ?
Why not...
Fine, Look here., Larchen
Larchen vision faded, as he regained consciosness he stood on a ground made of energy, it was the council, there were seven elders..
They started talking... casually their voices sounded strange.. Some toothless chicks were even checking him out.
Quite an athlete...
What a young stallion...
Their voices wre rapidly mixed into a soup of voices and whispers.. They echoed resonated a bit then faded back to the stream..
Too competitive....
Not enough faith...
Others added stonily..
Ssh, let him speak...
As Larchen tried speaking, the voice blasted so hard, the stuff around turned to broken glass as if it was made of ice..
As some of the creatures screamed..
Isn't that the voice of that old bastard.. Ghost rider.. Someone said.. Looks like an imprint..
So this one is a soldier ?
Hey elder.. Chan Mo, read his memories.. His parents and destiny..
The elder looked at Larchen for a while. Boring he said. A collection of contrasts.. some would beinterested, I suppose.. He is. unusually
loyal, so.. would do well in government.. He could be a lifetme blue collar worker..
That's it ? What about that voice... Doesn't sound very blue collar..
....
The council kept on bickering.. As Larchen looked around..
Hey, stop right there.. Don't move.. as the elders came back to attention..
See your reading was wrong, he just ignored us as if we were sack of potatoes.. He has no fear of anything or
anyone..
But he is way too untalented.. I can't even look at it..
Then why is the dark one attached so much potential to him ? Hmm ?
My readings aren't wrong, he does well when he doesn't feel any responsibility. But, how is that a skill ? Aren't we all ? He mocks faith, and
responds very harsh to criticism.. He is also technically proficient at many things, and has a sweet demanour.
So, what is your judgement ? They looked at another ancient elder..
Ehm.. hello i'm called governor.. How are you doing Larchen ? A female eldress asked casually.. Loyalty is a trait I really value.. it is very rare
but never valued as it should be, she said in a sweet voice as if talking to a lost child.
Hi governor.. Larchen said..
My descendants are often talented in literature.. Have you tried to take such a path in life ?
No.. not really..
Elders looked at each.. What was wrong with this guy's emotions.
We can't really employ people if they don't show high capability of physical prowess Governor said.. It'd be great if you shared with us more
information about yourself..
Ehm.. I used to do a lot wandering in the old sect.. Which was.... forbidden to go..
And you just wandered there ?
That.. ghost rider helped me out.. Did he ruin my accrediation ?
We are all created in a certain way, few can match to fit to their dress in this existence don't worry about it. I speak from experience from most
of history..
...
What about these.. constructs of yours ?
Would it help us out ? Some elder asked...
Don't be ridiculous.. The enemy is completely abandoning use of constructs, and we should start too... Their weakness are exposed easily..
So, you like technology then ? Governor asked..
I suppose I like that I can understand it.. It can be fun.. Larchen answered as honest as he can be this time..
Hey, he was better before... now he looks in pain...
Ehm Larchen, say anything you like, don't mind these people, they never like anything.. Don't take their comments to the heart..
So, i suppose the answer is no, I don't like technology.. basically I don't like anything..
...He's a demon.. there were various accompanying fake mockery .. Larchen felt amused..
You are a sweet child Larchen... Governor said..
Larchen looked at the floor... He didn't lift his head up..
Can we really.. change our destiny elder ? Larchen asked..
Oh he's being honest to fact kind of person now, mockery followed.. Damn i want to squash this bug.. what a pimp... Larchen almost grinned..
If you are clever, and always on your guard. Larchen.. Many people do it.. by much care.. Are you any of these things ?
No.. when I can't do something... I think i'm a hero nobody understands.. That was a strange self criticism, so no one mocked this time..
That is one way to put it, it is a concept known to many of us, and it is your understanding of it. Governor said.
Perspective is admission of a negotation, its all in entire world around us. Your own self is more important than your education, it is more
important than the ideas of others... In time you can free yourself from all worries..
Gee, she's being serious, others chimed in.. I hope she doesn't start to speak in latin, she loves it, you know.. now that there is a proper victim..
Governor gave a sharp look at the elder who said last sentence..
Gee, i'm just kidding..
You better stop kidding.. before I send you to prison, where you can crack comments to yourself all day..
Dead winter prison ? No thanks i'm not that important a person.. Why don't you relax.. Although the place is really nice... the high cliffs..
perfect place for vacation..
Tell me more about yourself Larchen.. Governor asked..
Comments
Post a Comment