Chapter 42 - A Light






We should just get rid of her... Can't we find a loophole or something, what use is she to us ? Plus she's a total heretic and a wanted woman.. Its not good for business..

No, Governor said.. Law is the law.. even if you fail a thousand times, it doesn't mean you broke the law..
....

What are you cooking.. Larchen asked ..

I'm hungry.. and so she is.. Larchen... Ever thought about that ?

No.. that is strange.. Does people get hungry at that high realm she is ?

Hey, don't stereo type..

She is probably more powerful than everyone you ever knew.., she'll survive a few insults.. or hanger pangs.. Do you now what her real job is ?

Not really.. Tom answered.. There isn't any memory here..

There is not ? That's interesting. Keep looking around.. Before I place a shoe in your backside on principle of jumping in without asking..

So, that's how I earn my meal eh ?

Yes..

Sure Boss.. But how are you planning exactly to navigate the town ? It is taken over by dark souls..

That is actually your problem...

What do you mean ?

We'll see what happens..

You are going to.. cleanse the place ?

Shut up... You are distracting me, don't you have any personality ? Leave me alone bastard. I'll kill you if you distract me.. You think I'm here with her, ready to dive to a dark town cause I like to stay around people and chat ?

Well, it is difficult to heal up this body.. you know, you could show me some leeway.

Absolutely... Larchen said, don't worry about it. Just, stop your fidgeting, that's not how I do the things... I don't think about danger, after i've handled it, you are disrupting my flow.. It's just how I do things. Perhaps only way I can do things..

You think you are more important than everyone else ? Even god ?

That's a good question, that is what i'd like to talk about usually. Unless you've things like that to say, don't open your mouth.. This is the mood of this journey..

Just saying... The place is very dangerous.. I doubt we can even move in a few hundred paces.. Ever thought about going somewhere else ?

Shut up.. what did I just told you ?

I guess this body is invincible.. So it'll be easy for me..

Shut up.. Why do you girls always have to talk...

Uh.. I guess that's technically true..

Just uh. try to look imposing.. until we some way out.. once we are in there.. These places are extremely dangerous in nature... They are entirely unprepareable... so try to be unprepared, as best as you can...

That's... nonsense.. Should you even take this imbecile to that place ? Isn't that.. abuse..

Not really.. anything you can about it, is there ? Why don't you be quiet.. Dark spirits doesn't like noisy people..

I've rights you know.. You are such a domineering person... I don't think we can get along... if i'm to be your sidekick..

Shut up.. Human soul isn't a stretched leather you see at a shop stall, It doesn't improve if there is more like it around it. You are just used to do wrong..

Ouch.. I guess, i'll be careful boss..

I wasn't really talking to you..

.....


She killed three celestials, about ten lower realm cultivators and fifty very important officials and commanders.. huh.. What a rampage...Governor sighed..
You did well to retreat.. Very very wise move.. otherwise she'd kill you too..

Shouldn't she be tried for disobeying and stuff ?

I'm afraid not.. When you consider the final result.. We've just gained a council member, while demons lost their offensive advantage.. in the field.. She effectively turned this war around..in one move..

What's more out trade income has picked up again.. situation is looking ideal.. Enemy will make mistakes...

....

See those things flying ? You can assume most of them aren't birds, if any.. Tom said to Larchen.. They were standing on a hill looking down at the old re-supply town.

What is that platform over there ?

That's where the goods are processed in and out of the docks.. It was of crucial use for the supply effort when this continent were heavily contested. Armies could react quickly as their ships re-supplied here and move on to their destination. They also made and provided weapons and outfits to passing allied ships..

Hold on.. I've to take a shit...

What...kind of lack of fear is that... don't you see what is ahead.. Plus there is a lady over here.. Aren't you some kind of general of epic armies ?

Shut up.. man.

It stinks..

Larchen laughed..

Damn, i'm so nervous.. How are you not afraid ?

Unlike what your mom or uncle may have told you in their wisdom, there are no champions, who are afraid of things.. There never was any..

Any what ?

Spiritual champions. Larchen laughed.. You can look at the body you are in for proof..

Why do you care ?

I care if I'm good enough for my wife, to be her champion, why do you care ?

Ehm.. Why are you here with her then and not with you wife ?

Just thought she'd appreciate me more if iI had an independent strain.

Maybe she'd appreciate you more if you had a bigger...

Yes, but you should never celebrate too early..

Well, regardless i'm sure you can celebrate when she dumps you for another young one..

Wow, you really put some pressure on me... now shut up.. Save your energy to survive the host ahead..

What am I supposed to do, pray ?

Not my problem.. Kill if you can any, observe if you can stay undetected.. Ultimately an energy signature here is self-defeating, got it Tom ?? The more you are "cheerful" like this the more you 'll be in trouble over there.. Although you are in a vessel with no humanly senses, still quit your constant noise making.. It's very simple.

Should we have sold the cabin ?

What are you talking about ? You ambusher.. Shut your tittites..

Anyway boss... Where do you come from ?

Let's go...

....

What a bunch of.. faithless thugs.. Larchen mumbled.. Here I come.. to consume your souls..

You seem angry Boss..

Anger will keep you alive everywhere that is cold.. isn't this place cold ?

How do you mean ?

Keep a light tethered to a place, even if its fake anger, isn't that.. logical ? When darkness descends..

AAAHh.. So the dark is different than the light ? There are vital differences ? You seem to be experienced..

I'm more experienced than your grandmothers grandmother.. stop the talking.. Radio silence..

Sure Boss... So it is like a battery huh....

What a strange thing to say... right as we are about to go in... You just can't help yourself huh ?

What ?

You don't need to justify your thoughts as a support structure, that is also a light.

What are you talking about ?

If you understood the concept of light and darkness, then you wouldn't say something that makes yourself a light..
So you lie and become dark...

You- Tom looked angry.. if that was possible with the expressionless face of Eldress.. That's just bullshit..

Really, if you need someone to act in certain way, but you can't admit it.. what happens ? You want to reach that thing you can't have..

Uh.. I know you re right.. its just.. Never mind. You are just then strange to yourself, aren't you, you'll become strange..

Ah then you are now claiming to be light, for another.. which also makes you dark.. You over reach.. You want me to .. act correct, while you yourself is the one in need.. You imitate a light.. and you are too sensitive to its change..

So you refuse to do anything right..

I didn't say that, you did, remember that when we are over there.

What ?

The fact that you did it first..









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Developer Log (30th - 5th of April)

Game Development Blog (New)

Game Development Logs (March 16th-22th)