Chapter 29 - The Dark
Chapter 29 - The Dark
How exactly are these suits constructed anyway.. ? Ancient ghost asked
Spirit...binding.. the construct is just a contraption I found somewhere..
But, how did you manage to sell this monstrous thing.. ? Fowliang said it really is selling well..
Well.. Fowliang asked me to provide her financial needs as a condition to date me..
She was trying to get rid of you ?
Of course.. She still is in denial I think.
Yeah but why is it selling ?
Well, they are energy efficient.. they are strong... we improve it day by day.. so why not ? The events
just played into my hand, while I really was just looking ways to make money for Fowliang..
And ?
The survivors of Busan immigrated south and spread the epic tales.. of how i saved the town with these things...
exaggerating.. all the way.. Success is often luck... you know.. And these things really can save your life if you live
in areas with extreme conditions.. like in snow... There is a demand, so my duty is to do the supply.. Not that
complicated...
There is someone ahead..
Ah master Larchen.. Welcome.. Lady investigator sent me to guide you to castle.. Roads are dangerous right now..
Almost no where is really safe.. a solider in a mechanical suit spoke..
...
The journey went without anything out of the ordinary... As Larchen and the ghost exchanged stories on the way.
Whoa.. look at this, you are almost identical... how did this happen ? Ghost looked at the mechanical Larchen..
Well, the recipe I found had the requirement that one also has to convert himself to constructs.. so i used pagoda
to circumvent the requirement, so he came to be somehow..
That is some serious magic.. Didn't think this old thing were capable of it.. You could make a fortune..
What is this symbol on his arm ? Has any ideas ? Larchen asked to the elder..
Yes, it is called the mark of the greatest.
Greatest of what , the other Larchen asked..
The demon king, the demon elder interjected... If it isn't Larchen, with a.... Whoa what is that ? You've realy
topped yourself this time Larchen... I'll have to leave the seniority to him...
Wel, you look almost able, practicing sun arts i assume ?
See ? Larchen.. That is real power... Yes elder, the demon elder cusped.
Well, the place looks depressing, the ghost said... The lady smiled nervously.. I suppose it'd have to do the ghost
said..
Well, its mostly the earth here isn't suitable for much.. Original Larchen chimed in. They've done best they could.
It is a fantasy.. ghost elder said, you'll definitely lose this war, as things are.. There isn't a strong leadership here... And
this area clearly is a very important window for the greater war effort.. You could make twenty industrial hubs safe
from dangers over here..
Larchen smiled helplessly.. The ancient ghost wasn't saying anything he didn't know... he just didn't hold back..
Alright. I've decided, we'll get this place up and running.. Right after I take a how shower.. I'll lead you all to victory..
Umm elder. I can't let you be in charge here....
What, why not ?
It is case your temperament is.. unsuitable, or can be rather unstable.. The mechanical Larchen will stay in charge.. In return
I won't make you take the soul branding.. fair ?
Hey kid, do you think i'm your prisoner ? What are you absolving me for ... Fine, whatever.. You aren't exactly wrong.. But
what am I to do then ?
We've an issue of dimensional monsters... that is specifically why I've brought you here.. I want you to completely take over
all the divisons and resources managing this issue.. and handle it..
What kind of monsters ?
We've made many sketches with gifted artists and we've consulted many people. That is the mostly the reason we are
stuck here afraid to venture.. A few people who were looking at the issue were murdered by spies..
Typically meaning it is more important an issue than it seems.. the Ghost said..
Fine, direct me to the library.. Since we are stuck here like prisoners I might as well do some research. It may just
change the odds in your favor..
...
What the hell is he doing ?
The audience watched in shock, as elder went through entire books in a few seconds, flipping the pages in rapid
speed.
Hmm, the world really had gone through some changes.. Hey, don't disturb me, I'm learning here.. Excellent, excellent.
It is a volume by famed author Ma Chen, you've some good stuff in here.. He wasn't a bulshitter like many others,
he occasionaly had really good books.. He is probably now retired... chain smoking ..
Anyway I can't tire myself too much.. Bring me a chair Larchen will you ?
Of course... Larchen brought him a chair across shocked looks of the people..
The elder resumed going through the books in super rapid speed. Ah, I found it, right here... things you find in books..
free of charge..
What is it ?
It is called the defending art of the crescent.. I told these bastards to hide it in one of the books in code.. So that
we wouldn't be killed.. I'll need to find a few more books, I told them to put it in multiple books..
The crowd around reacted to this new found controversy.. What do you know.. the Lady said..We should have looked
more..
Anyway Larchen, this tales of the dimensional horror really stinks.. The way those soldiers described it.. here.. I think
entire forest line is trapped with these things.. you've done well to not to advance.. lucky but still the wise action
Leave me now.. so I can study... and don't forget to bring me more books..
....
What's going on ?
I don't know, we found a spy, when we tried questioning her, she started bashing her head against the walls...
She is saying smt...
She is saying Who am I ? repeatedly.
Whatever.. its already night.. retire to your quarters..
Yes, the soliders saluted at once.
..
Lots of stuff changed over the years Larchen... the ghost expressed his excitement.. The victims are now.. heroes...
I guess people don't like the strong.. no matter what the times are.. Look at you.. yourself. A business man, a teenager
and a player.. who'd have thought such a thing would be possible back then ?
I see none of the original masters remained around.. But there are hints of their presence.. The political machinations as
well as the strengthening of the foundations..
Attention.. master Larchen... I've some news.. A female soldier came.
What is it ?
I was tasked with looking after the mad person, the spy we caught yesterday..
And ? Get to it..
Well she glued herself to a tree and she says she wants to live as an external entity from now on.. have her own weight..
The ghost grinned..
Fine, Larchen said, keep me updated.. You can go back..
Elder, you know something ?
It is the madness of the creation egg.. I'd recognize it anywhere..
Tell me all about it then.. I've to go back to continent after resolving this issue..
They used to offer the war prisoners a choice.. Either get killed or get infected with a parasite.. It was a hostile soul, that
would take over their body, which was called creation egg.
At first nothing out of the ordinary would happen.. As the prisoner is released, they would think that, their captors made a massive
mistake.. and they landed on a fortune, they'd move along to live their life, get married, become masters of art..
They'd wander the land becoming adventurers. while the parasite slowly incubated over the decades.. At first, the effects would
seem like a regular happen stance.. A few gaps in the memory.. Some changes in the voice.. Then they'd start to forget everything
they learned.. The martial arts.. any other knowledge.. and even reading and writing..
Anyway, we had some cure for it back then, some potion.. to preserve them at this unique stage.. Keep their soul still intact..
As our sect leader were travelling to a summit of many sects.. He also carried many of these new found items, as a cure to
creature egg parasite. They decided to devote the entire mountain to the growing of the rare plants necessary to brew the potion.
At the end, it became a secret sect.. an organization of its own.. They were only some care takers at first, but later they learned
martial arts, and they expelled the males from the area.. becoming an all female sect..
Some of my peers advised us to intervene at that time, as this was quite a shock to many. Anyway.. We instead forbid them to
expand their sect by preventing them to build on new areas as a response..
So without any choice they started to produce high quality items for the markets all around the world.
Ghost elder sighed.. Anyway world really is a strange place don't you think ?
Ehm, by chance this place is in this world ? North west ?
Yeah, why did you ask ?
They are still there !! Larchen shouted.. We must send someone at once.. for the cure..
Hold on Larchen, that is unlikely..
No, i've seen the place. exact plants you described are all over their fields.. moreover, while men are around it is a strictly harsh female
dominated society.. Too much coincidence don't you think ? Plus you already confirmed the location..
But there is too much time passed since then.. They are unlikely to respond well..
Well, i've gifted them a...
A what..?
A dragon...
Comments
Post a Comment