Chapter 36 - Tom the Bomb
As i've lost my funding, the task before me even grew larger. I was very afraid I'd have not more money left
to continue my research. But my fame also few by this time. I've find some other sources of funding among
other independent scientists..
The book somewhat wandered, as the Eldress really was writing with a heavy prose.. Larchen sighed. He pondered if she should keep reading or skip a few sections.. He was really struggling with boredom... as usual.. He didn't wanna trace the struggles of another writer on top of it.
She talked a lot about funding for some reason.. There must be some serious resource base over north, if she kept
so much about it. The book went on endlessly about legal feels and cost of basic materials.. She really was.. methodical..
Larchen felt embarrassed... He knew why she was so, he often failed to have this sort of discipline..
Larchen looked over the designs.. There were a lot of back orders from the what went for a department of defense for the alliance government.. There were descriptions of various production techniques..
Plant the seed and grow the flower... eh ?
The alliance.. were going through rough times.. The outposts were being overrun. They were totally caught with
their pants down.. And they started to pool troops for counter attack.. with a handful of troops they have left
with.. Many disliked the idea.
We've stood on the dawn... hoping we've managed to kept the operation secret.. The areas were defended more
than we've hoped but it wasn't a full defense. We've regained the vault region, before anyone knew it. It was
an achievement worth celebrating.. We've fortified our defensive positions as much as we could in this valuable place. Our funding increased too..
I was a celebrity before I barely had time to realize what's going on. My father was a soldier in the military, and he thought me many things about the army. When I was a child, we were thought in chinese, that certain years were special.
He had a public funeral since by time he was dead he was an important figure. He had left me a few words of note:
As Larchen was reading, lightning exploded nearby.. He closed the book.
Let's go, find a hut, come on eldress.. Enough wandering the galaxy together.. It is all about a script isn't it Eldres..
Larchen sighed, and history is the real school.
Eldress looked at him, as if to feign lack of understanding.
I guess there is no difference between being an infirm and a genius eh. They have the same legacy.. What is felt
by the arm, is also sensed by the foot... Well, whatever.. Elderly keep an ill course, and as they age, they act
as if its good.. Eldress looked like she was going to consume him with fire in her eyes.. He was doing it
on purpose.. for sure.. the emotional commentary..
Hey, don't get excited.. you need to keep up your constitution.. Heart is the one that feeds the mind after all..
Memory gives you relief as you snap and whip it around aren't you...
Eldress look at him as if to say he was being mean..
Look, there is a cabin ahead.. We can take shelter there. I'll start a fire for us.. The door is open, but the place is
in good shape.. as much as can be..
....
Ehm.. wait, there is something strange about this place.. Don't move, Eldress.. Let me look a bit more closely..
Just then the rain started to pour very heavily.. Eldress almost stepped inside, as Larchen held her to stop her.
Come out, Larchen shouted..
They stood there for a while nothing happening. Then a shining snake like visage approached from the
air, as it was difficult to see, the spirit flow were noticeable. It created dusty sparks on the air..approaching
the two of them.. As it came close, It decided otherwise than to make itself known and ran away to
distance again.
Why aren't you going inside, humans... something hissed directly inside Larchen's ear... Even after all my
preparation.. isn't it a waste ? I even went to so many pains to make it look authentic, for human.
You made what which ? Larchen feigned ignorance..
Don't test my patiencee human.. I've been tracing your sweet fleshy scent for some time.. since the
mine..
Ah.. that's why I couldn't notice it. It was you, and here I thought I was dumb..
That doesn't concern me human..
It always amazes me, when a person of faith encounters a real challenge, their personality completely transforms...
I will never stop to be amazed by humans.. I hope you are taking notes eldress..
Tell me... how did you find out I was around, humans...
You can cut the crap, I'm not in the mood for chatting with a smoke..
Creature hissed, then approached once again, It transformed to a solid body, then gently descended on its
two feet across them. It looked very white and it was wearing bleached rags as well
You can call me Tom..
Comments
Post a Comment