Chapter 56 - Murd*r
So, you found my friend past her prime ? Larchen and the lady were walking on the street as she asked questions..
She said she even described you, to how to do it ..?
......
I'm in need of ... serious muscle... for protection and guard duties.. Name your price.. The lady said.
May I ask why ? Larchen responded.
My guards.. don't have enough attention span, for all my affairs.. This city is changing.. too much at once. Your antics in the last mob scuffle made me convinced I should hire you, but later i've learned you left the city, perhaps permanently.. So what do you say ?
So, i'm in much demand... Really grown on you..
I'll give you an additional advisor seat, and extra pay.. what do you say ? I've a few places I want to.. explore to claim for this town, you seem to be the perfect person, fell from heaven to my lap..
I'm very busy...Larchen trailed off..
I understand the lady said, but this is important... even if its difficult..
Fine fine, how can I turn an educated woman like yourself.. ? She nodded, pleased, with new spring in her step, they kept walking.
I'm glad you gave me a chance despite your second thoughts..
.....
So..
He was murdered, as you can see.
Tortured for quite some time first.. Larchen said..
They were at the place that passed as the morgue..
I want you to, find who is responsible.. that is your first job, Larchen.. All your possible legal troubles are taken care of, as well as lodging for you and your disabled sister..
Thanks.. Let's see.. the clothes.. seems common, doesn't look like a person of importance.
Anyway, he was quite important to me regardless, i've to go Larchen, I leave this matter to you, come find me when you solved it.
...
So, Larchen turned to another assistant, who was he ?
They were to be married.. She told him not to go the south of the town, but he did for some reason.. Result is this..
Maybe it isn't as it seems.. Larchen pondered. He leaned in close to the body observe better.. So, tell me about yourself.. you aren't married yet ? She asked the female assistant..
No.. By the way, I saw your sister, although she is incapable there is something quite nice about her.. so mysterious, even beautiful. There is something so immeasurably fresh about her.
Let's say.. she's an old production, back things were built to last.. Larchen quipped. She just lost her wheel...
Looks like he was hanged on a rope by his limbs..
You think so ?
Anyway, it is a mess, let me examine it for some time.. I'm sure you are busy..
..
Now, what would a gentleman, would go to shady part of the town ? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now..
Larchen walked out of the morgue building, and made his way towards the south section...
So, you've seen the him alive here ?
I remember it.. distinctly.. He was tall, but he looked really tired, or stressed.. These .. gangs, usually need to check in their "customers" on a regular period..
When you say, customers.. What kind ?
On this case, gambling kind, probably, this gang or this region deals in gambling, not the other things..
Well, that's a relief for the lady.. or maybe not. She probably has no clue.. in her exquisite world.. about such places..
Or perhaps rather, she has the wrong idea.. about laws.. the citizen said. There is hardly around here..
Anyway, here, he handed him some coins, but keep this strictly between us..
Don't worry..
...
Larchen turned away from the main street, as the place got poorer. Classic as much as developing cities went.
He entered to the pub, it was full of cigarette smoke.
Let.. let me go.. A woman dressed like some sort of public servant, pleaded. Another man was holding her sleeve. The public servant's feet were lifted above the floor as a result.
You are a waste of my time, you scum.. he spat.. I should just waste you..
On another side, a couple were making out, or rather.. doing things that were much above the normally sanitized conventions as far as sex went.
I can explain, I didn't mean to leak the news.. they just asked me to.. translate some documents... If you put me down..
Unlikely.. the man said..very unlikely.. The eyes in the room were slowly turning toward Larchen .
Larchen grinned slightly.. Alright, let the woman go, he said in a matter of fact tone.
Ah, and pray tell, who are you ? The king of the union ? The man said. People laughed.. Although a few didn't..
Larchen stood there, so the man dropped the servant.. She looked scared out of her mind
The man swung a fist at Larchen, Larchen dodged. He then charged at him, as Larchen dodged out of the way. He crash on to a table as Larchen watched.. He then came at him again, as Larchen kicked him at the shin, the man just stopped moving, sitting on the floor, as if he sagged and withered.. The man looked at Larchen with hatred in his eyes, but he was unable to move..
Alright now.. Come.. He gestured to the servant.. As she quickly stepped near. Larchen lead her out of the pub, they moved to the street.
Comments
Post a Comment